Banana Cinnamon Pops
During a recent daydream about food (I'll stop kidding myself, I'm ALWAYS thinking about food) an idea popped into my head. Pop. Ice pops. POPSICLES!
I don't know why I hadn't thought to get some popsicle molds before. Typically in the summer we try to cut calories a bit and DIY popsicle molds make it easy to add any ingredients we want.
For these I wanted something somewhat lower calorie, with simple ingredients, easy to make and obviously tasty. I decided on Greek yogurt as the base, fresh banana for fruit and flavor, and cinnamon for a touch of sweetness.
- Greek yogurt, 1.75 cups
- Bananas, 2
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- 6-popsicle mold tray (can use ice cube tray and tooth picks)
Recipe makes 6 popsicles
- Add yogurt, banana and cinnamon to a blender.
- Blend on medium for ~15 seconds.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides of blender to fill popsicle molds
- Let sit in freezer at least 4 hours or overnight
Nutrition info for 1 popsicle:
Calories: 74 calories