Cantaloupe Italian Ice
Canteloupe is so underrated. It's a great low calorie sweet - according to USDA's Food Composition Database, 1 medium cantaloupe is only 188 calories and has 1,474mg of potassium. That's a ton of potassium!
One of the most popular dessert places to hit up in Chicago was this little walk up called Mario's and my favorite flavor was the cantaloupe. Inspired, here's my 2-ingredient take!
- Cantaloupe, 1/2 one medium melon
- Lemon juice, 4 TBSP
- Glass baking dish (I used 5x2 inch)
Recipe makes six 8oz servings
- Add cantaloupe (without rind) and lemon juice to blender.
- Blend on high for ~30 seconds. 1 cup of water may be necessary, depending on your blender.
- Add mixture to baking dish and let freeze.
- When frozen, scoop out and enjoy!
Nutrition Info for 1 serving: 17 calories, 0g fat, 4.3g carb, 0g protein, 0.5g fiber, 10mg sodium, 134 mg potassium