Mixed Berry Cheesecake (Dairy-free)
IDC ABOUT CHEESECAKE EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE.
I've never gone crazy for cheesecake and I prefer salty foods to sweet, but this accidental recipe was so good I had to write it up.
Filled with berries, almonds and oats, this is the best tasting non-dairy cheesecake!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup erythritol
Crust & "Cake"
- 2 cups thick rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Nonstick baking dish (we used 8x8in)
- Boil almonds in 2 cups of water for 2-4 minutes (this makes peeling the skins off easier)
- Add peeled almonds, almond milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and erythritol to blender.
- Blender on low for ~1 minute or until it reaches smooth, thick consistency. Set aside.
- Grind oats (we use a coffee grinder) to a fine consistency.
- Mix in egg.
- Add to nonstick (or oiled) baking dish with 3/4 cup water and r. Mix until it forms a thick pudding. Spread "batter" and line dish. Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes to form the crust.
- When crust is soft and lightly browned, fill dish with "cheese".
- Mix in berries
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Nutrition: Makes 12 servings (1 serving is 2 x 2 inch piece)
1 serving: 156 calories, 21.3 g carb, 7,4g fat, 6.4g protein